Sunday, October 16, 2005

Come Pee With Me.


A little while ago, one of my bartenders gave me call as she had a few minutes and needed to return my phone call from a couple days ago. She was pulling into a local Wallmart to do some shopping for her boyfriend and thought she would take the time to bring me up to date on her life in general and her weekend in particular. As we were talking, I noticed that her voice changed form the normally muted telephone sound to suddenly being in an echo chamber. "I've got to pee" she commented rather matter of factly as she continued her conversation. As a subtext, or overtone, I suppose, to our conversation, there was the sound of cascading urine, gushing into the toilet, enhanced by the echo-like nature of the room that she was occupying. She really needed to go! This was followed by the characteristic industrial whoosh of the public toilet as it flushed.
I suddenly started to laugh as it occured to me that I had now at least listened to all of my female employees take a leak. A couple of them while they were on the phone, and in one instance, in person. In this one case, while at a party together, one of the young ladies insisted that I accompany her to at least the open door of the bathroom so we could continue our conversation without interuption. When I told her that she could go by herself, she commented that going to the bathroom was a very lonely activity. Well, some things in life are best done alone, at least most of the time. My wife says that I know my employees too well and sometimes are involved too deeply in their lives. Maybe she is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home